|Operating System||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Features||Simple, Secure, Faster, Smarts built-in|
Google Chrome also known as Chrome is a freeware browser software. The browser is also the main component of Chrome OS, where it serves as the platform for web apps. It is a Simple, Secure, and Fast internet web-browser. It was first released on September 2, 2008 for Microsoft Windows, with 43 supported languages, officially a beta version, and as a stable public release on December 11, 2008, and was later ported to Linux, macOS, iOS and Android. Chrome is made and developed by Google LLC. It has the smarts and speed you need to do, create, and explore online. You can get chrome both online and offline installer below.
Google releases the majority of Chrome’s source code as the Chromium open-source project. It provides the core code base for Google Chrome and many other browsers. While Chrome shares the majority of code and features with Chromium. Chrome is the most used browser in the world. Its success has led to Google expanding the Chrome brand name on various other products such as Chrome OS, Chromecast, Chromebook, Chromebit, Chromebox and Chromebase.
- Chrome is constantly evolving to optimize memory usage and responsiveness, meaning less lag per tab and its sleek design helps stay organized.
- The smartest tools on the web built-in, like quick answers in your address bar, one-click translation, and personalized articles.
- Chrome security is your browsing superpower. It automatically protects from security issues like phishing and dangerous sites.
- Chrome works on any operating system, and on all your devices. Switch between your laptop and phone, customize any way you want, and keep doing more.
- The private browsing feature called Incognito mode prevents the browser from permanently storing any history information, cookies, site data, or form inputs.
Download Google Chrome
Google Chrome features a minimalistic user interface, with its user interface principles later being implemented into other browsers. It also has a reputation for strong browser performance. It allows users to synchronize their bookmarks, history, and settings across all devices with the browser installed by sending and receiving data through a chosen Google Account, which in turn updates all signed-in instances of Chrome. It periodically retrieves updates and warns users when they attempt to visit a site flagged as potentially harmful. This service is also made available for use by others via a free public API called “Google Safe Browsing API“.